Wilmslow Health Centre has provided Non-Obstetric Ultrasound scanning services for many years and holds an Any Qualified Provider (AQP) contract with the NHS. This means that any patient from across the NHS can be referred by their GP into the service for diagnostic ultrasound scans such as:
- General abdominal – e.g liver, biliary tract, gallbladder, kidneys, pancreas, retro peritoneum and spleen
- Gynaecology – including trans abdominal and trans vaginal
- Renal / bladder / prostate
- Testicular / Scrotal
- Musculoskeletal (Muscles, tendons, joints, lumps, etc.)
We pride ourselves on short wait times and rapid turnaround of reports to referring GPs, minimising anxious waits for patients requiring diagnostic investigations. Appointment times for scans are spread across the week, including Saturday mornings, to minimise disruption to patients’ working lives.
Our highly skilled and experienced consultant radiologist specialist doctors and sonographers all work within the NHS at local NHS teaching hospitals. Our consultants have various sub-specialities so that we can, for instance, ensure that all patients referred for a musculoskeletal scan (e.g. for a sports injury) will be assessed and scanned by a Consultant Radiologist Doctor with a specialist interest in Musculoskeletal Radiology.
Latest Technology used by Hospital Radiology Departments
Wilmslow Health Centre has just purchased (December 2016) a brand new, state-of-the-art, ultrasound machine that employs the latest technology, allowing us to provide even more diagnostic information to referring GPs. The service has also increased its capacity and has laid on even more clinics to meet the rapidly increasing demand for such scans by GPs across the North West of England.
How to Refer
Patients can be referred to the scan service by their GP (Patients do not need to be registered with Wilmslow Health Centre). Any patient registered with any NHS GP can be referred for a scan by:
- NHS E-Referral (formerly known as Choose and Book). Click here for more detailed instructions.
- Fax: 01625 548287. Click here for form: GP Ultrasound Request Form 2016.
- Post to: ‘Ultrasound Department’, Wilmslow Health Centre, Chapel Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5HX.