The recent outbreak of Strep A has been the source of overwhelming demand on GP surgeries nationally over the past two weeks and, as a result, wait times for routine appointments have increased considerably for all GP surgeries in Cheshire. Staff sickness has also taken its toll on primary care capacity nationwide with high levels of staff burnout reported in primary care in a workforce that battled on during the pandemic without break.
Official NHS Data shows Wilmslow Health Centre delivered over 63,000 appointments (not including covid vaccinations) in the past year with 94% of them delivered face-to-face. The surgery remains committed to delivering easily accessible care to all its registered patients and will continue to prioritise care for patients with the greatest clinical need, as triaged by our team of doctors, hourly. Wait times for routine appointments and non-urgent conditions may increase slightly during the next few weeks.
Help us to help you by using the following resources for non-urgent conditions during this challenging Winter period:
- Pharmacy Minor Ailments Scheme
- Worried about a baby under the age of 3 months?
- Worried about your child (aged 3 months or over)?
- Self Help for Coughs
- Self Help for Common Colds in Adults
- Self Help for Sore Throats
- Self Help for Common Conditions
- Refer Yourself for FREE NHS Physiotherapy
- Visit our Online Mental Health Resources Page and Refer Yourself for FREE NHS Psychotherapy
- Refer Yourself Or Your Relatives for Social Care
If you have a medical emergency, dial 999.
When the surgery is not open, Dial 111 if your problem is not a medical emergency but you can’t wait until normal, NHS contracted, surgery opening hours.