Protect Yourself Against Flu this Winter – BOOK NOW!
Don’t suffer with the flu this winter – get the flu jab to prevent you from catching the virus and spreading the infection to others.
The flu jab is available free of charge on the NHS if you:
- are over the age of 65
- are a child aged 2, 3 or 4 on 1st September 2015. Click here to read more about which children can have the vaccine
- are aged over 6 months and have a long term condition including diabetes, asthma, kidney disease, liver disease or heart and chest problems
- have a weakened immune system due to conditions such as HIV/A.I.D.s or as a result of medication such as steroid tablets
- have a history of stroke or T.I.A, or a neurological condition such as multiple sclerosis (MS) or cerebral palsy
- receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled who may be at risk if you fall ill
- are pregnant
You should be vaccinated against seasonal flu every year. If you were vaccinated last year, you won’t be protected against the new strains of flu circulating since then, so update your protection and get the jab again this year.
You CANNOT catch flu from the flu vaccine. For more information about flu visit the NHS Choices website.
How to Book
You can book in one of the following ways – or just drop-in at your convenience during one of our ‘Sit and Wait’ sessions.
- on-line – click here or speak to reception to register for on-line appointment booking
- by visiting the surgery
- by phone on 01625 548 555
Still Don’t want a Flu Jab?
If you would prefer not to receive a flu vaccination, it is helpful for us if you can let us know (ring 01625 548 555 or click here to email) so that we can update our records. Thank you.
For more information on flu, click here