Wilmslow Health Centre has provided Non-Obstetric Ultrasound scanning and Echocardiography services since 2008.
Any NHS patient can be referred by their GP into the service for diagnostic ultrasound scans such as:
- General abdominal – e.g liver, biliary tract, gallbladder, kidneys, pancreas, retro peritoneum and spleen
- Gynaecology – including trans abdominal and trans vaginal
- Renal / bladder / prostate
- Testicular / Scrotal
- Musculoskeletal (Muscles, tendons, joints, lumps, etc.)
as well as echocardiography.
We have recently laid on more clinics to help reduce the backlog of ultrasound and echo referrals across Cheshire.
Appointment times for scans are spread across the week, including Saturday mornings, to minimise disruption to patients’ working lives and scans are performed by Consultant Radiologists and Sonographers who also hold substantive posts within NHS Trusts.
How to Refer
Patients can be referred to the scan service by their GP (Patients do not need to be registered with Wilmslow Health Centre). Any patient registered with any NHS GP can be referred for a scan by:
- NHS E-Referral (formerly known as Choose and Book). Click here for more detailed instructions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 01625 548287.
- Post to: ‘Ultrasound Department’, Wilmslow Health Centre, Chapel Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5HX.