If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 and you have asthma:
- You need to stay in your home for 7 days if you live on your own, or 14 days if you live with others. Everyone in your household will need to stay in the house for 14 days.
- You don’t need to contact 111 to tell them you are staying at home.
- If your COVID-19 symptoms don’t go away after 7 days, or get worse, or you are having difficulty breathing, call 111 for advice, or 999 if you need emergency care.
- Tell them that you have asthma, and if your asthma symptoms are getting worse.
- If you get an asthma cough and are not sure whether your cough is a symptom of COVID-19 or related to your asthma use the online 111 service or call 111 to ensure that you get the right care.
- Keep following your asthma action plan to manage your asthma and so you know what to do if your asthma symptoms get worse. If you are having an asthma attack, call 999 for an ambulance as usual, and tell them you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Carry on taking all your usual asthma medicines as normal.