We are due to receive vaccines imminently and will start vaccinating just as soon as deliveries are secured later this week.
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advises that the first priorities for the COVID-19 vaccination programme should be the prevention of mortality and the maintenance of the health and social care systems. As the risk of mortality from COVID-19 increases with age, prioritisation is primarily based on age.
The order of priority for each group in the population corresponds with
data on the number of individuals who would need to be vaccinated to
prevent one death, estimated from UK data obtained from March to June
The 1st phase of vaccinations will be prioritised as follows:
1. Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
2. All those 80 years of age and over as well as frontline health and social care workers.
3. All those 75 years of age and over.
4. All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals.
5. All those 65 years of age and over.
6. All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health
conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and
7. All those 60 years of age and over.
8. All those 55 years of age and over.
9. All those 50 years of age and over.
Please do not call the practice to enquire about when you will receive your vaccination. We will work through the priority groups as quickly as supplies of vaccines allow and all eligible patients will be contacted directly over the coming weeks.